Help Wiring the a Wireless receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Im replacing our existing wireless roomstat/receiver with a new one which also has 5/2 program option (We have a vokera combi boiler)

So, i wire it up, switch on and all seems well and good, hot water works fine but as soom as i up the temp to force the heating on (to test the RF connection) the fuse blows :(

The mains feed is fine (although there's no earth point on the new receiver). i assume i've got the wiring wrong for the 'heat off' / 'heat on' side of things. from my boiler i have just got the two wires comign out (apart from the mains power section) anyone got any ideas?

I;ve attached the diagram from the booklet that came with the roomstat, i had the brown going to the 'SL on' and the blue to the 'SL off'

The dotted line represents a jumper wire that the booklet says to remove only if you want volt free application (which i assume i dont)

Thanks in advance

[/img]

Sponsored Links
thank for the reply.

i assumed i didn't have Volt Free connection because there was nothing special that i could see about the current receiver set up ie just a live/neutral. the diagram relating to the VF set up suggests that i would already have an existing VF feed which i dont think i have.

any suggestions?

thanks

blue to the 'SL off'
Not surprising it blows fuses then.

Can only guess what that diagram is supposed to mean but:

assume you need VF connections
connect NOTHING to the SL OFF connection.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies guys. so the consensus is that i need the VF set up then?

Judging from your replies, i take it that this means the VF feed is actually the brown feed coming from the boiler? and then the blue into SL on?

Just want to get this clear before i attack it again.

Thanks

Your Vokera manual will tell you if you need volt free connections and if so there will be a seperate terminal block in the boiler to connect external controls to.

Can't remember this model off hand.

a) If you can't understand the manual, it doesn't matter whether it needs VF or not, just do it that way and it'll work.

b) don't take any notice of wiring colours unless you know what's at the other end, though if you're only using the 2 VF connections it doesn't matter.

Thanks for all the replies.

It now seems to be working fine. The mains set up was ok and once i went for the signal brown into the other L and the signal blue in to SL on, its been working fine

Thanks for all your help guys, i gues it did require the VF operation after all, although i've been through the manual (vokera compact ) and couldnt find any mention on VF....who know, its works, yeah.

To get it working VF, i also had to remove a jumper wire that was between the two L's. This was also suggested in the Receiver manual if you wanted VF operation

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back