Help with Alpha CB24 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i have a problem with my mums boiler shes in her 80's so needs a boiler working as we enter winter.
Although the problem i have is that the central heating works fine but the hot water does not work.
Ive done alittle bit of research and possibly narrowed it down to the flow switch or diverter valve? ive taken the flow switch off and manually operated it and the boiler fires up but still no hot water.
So could it be that i need a new diverter valve?
Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Very likely!

But a fiddly job and somewhat non standard parts involved!

Tony

more than likley it will be diaphram ,but on this model pump has to be removed for access

Sponsored Links
more than likley it will be diaphram ,but on this model pump has to be removed for access

so i dont have to take the diverter valve out to get at the diaphragm?

so i dont have to take the diverter valve out to get at the diaphragm?
No, but removing the pump makes the whole job easier. Don't get water anywhere near the PCB. Occasionally the pump unions are a bit of a pig to loosen.

what ever you do don't disturb any unions on this boiler,remove pump head using the 4 allen screws,you only need to look a unions on this boiler for them to leak

Not if you tackle the job with the correct tools and know what yout doing. I've rarely had a problem.

what ever you do don't disturb any unions on this boiler,remove pump head using the 4 allen screws,you only need to look a unions on this boiler for them to leak

So, I just need to take the head of the pump off to get at the diaphragm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back