alpha cb24 boiler fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help me I have an alpha cb24 boiler which wont produce hot water, took the diverter valve off and found diaphpram erroded replaced full diverter valve assembly with genuine part and rebulit still have no dhw and diverter valve making cavitaion noise have tried to bleed system with no sucess but my central heating is operating fine any help would be great thanks

Sponsored Links
does it fire up when the switch is removed from the diverter body?

next time get a diaphragm kit, its miles cheaper.

Was it a "genuine part" from Adlink?

It sounds as if the diverter valve is either not working correctly or the demand switch is faulty.

They are very sensitive and need to be very carefully positioned to work correctly and reliably.

Tony

Sponsored Links
No, ordered over web from a firm in Stoke on trent with the original part number arrived in the manufactures box complete with part number only replaced today though seems straight forward enough swap and all went well switch seemed to test ok on multi meter just wont produce hot water and has a cavitation noise from diverter valve area

Did you bleed the pump from the big screw after refilling?

Is the auto air vent cap a little loose?

Tony

Have bleed through the big silver screw in center of the pump and drain on the manifold no noise present on heating side though

It often helps to clear air by alternately switching from CH to DHW and back every 5 secs for about 10 or 20 times.

On the CB24 the plate is uppermost so air has to be forced through by the speed of the water flows.

Tony

If you lift the U shaped flow switch off the valve slightly does the boiler then fire for HW?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back