Help with baton layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks!
I intend to put a new roof on this small extension as all the timbers are shot.The existing slates are 450mm and my new ones are 500 so was wondering if someone could help me with the baton spacing.the roof is 2.1m from fascia to ridge.Does it depend on where the nail holes in the slates are ?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Length of slate less head-lap divided by two = spacing.

...Or a bit less if the length of the rafter dictates rather than closing down the last few courses.

once you know your gauge dont need to adjust slate gauges, keep them all the same somewhere between 200 mm and 212 mm depending on roof pitch.
OR... you may have purchased preholed slate in which case your supplier will tell you what headlap they are holed for.. often 100 mm these days

Sponsored Links
My slates are 500mm and drilled 200mm from the top so i'm thinking that my batons should be 200mm ?

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back