Help with boiler pressure please

Hi Tony.
yes their closed,well i hope they are,Ive turned them as far as they will go.Pretty certain the are.
But doubting myself
Yes watched it and it lasted for about 20 minutes until dropped.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
if this helps it was on 0.4 pressure just now,open the valves to refill it and it jumped to 1.9 in a second or two.The engineer fitted a new gauge and sensor as well,so hopefully they should be working right.Starting to think it might be easier if their was a leak under the floorboards....

Hi Tony
Just triple checked the ch valves one turned an extra mm or two no more though,maybe that was the cause for pressure dropping,will carry on watching
Thank you

what tony means was it set to 1.5 before isolating . you need to get them back , don't worry about what rgi said about losing money , you paid £300 for fixed price repair and its not fixed , he should be testing repair if fixed within reason ( time allowing )

Sponsored Links
Hi AGAS yes was set. But think the two mm extra turn on the screw may have fixed it,well the pressure dropping on the hot water that is.
It seems to have stayed at 1.4 now for the last ten mins which is longer than it was before.
How stupid do I feel...

Hi folks just an update and a big thanks to all that have replied and for the posters on the other sites.
Well the pressure stayed at 1.4 with the heating isolated and the hot water on,so that side of it seems fixed thankfully.
Just psyching myself up to start taking a few floorboards up and crawling around underneath.
Just hoping its under the floorboards and not under the concrete kitchen floor...
Before I do this is their anyway of telling roughly where the leak maybe close to.IE which radiator drops in temp first..
Again thanks everyone for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back