Help with colour of walls and sofa please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, we have recently finished painting our back room, it is magnolia on 3 walls and plum on 1 wall. we have had dark-ish wooden floor put down and the same colour shelves put up.

This week we have had a corner sofa arrive, it is charcoal (which silly me though was black, not grey!) anyway there is a problem with it and they are coming back to exchange but i am thinking whether we should exchange it for the plum sofa or not?

The thing is, one half of the sofa will be on the plum wall, would it be too much, a plum sofa with plum wall?

please help!

Sponsored Links
hi rubyloobs08, no, it won't look bad you will need to put pictures and features up, but a diffrent colour, just to blend it all in :)

Grey is a neutral colour and will go with anything.

Sponsored Links
Hello, we have recently finished painting our back room, it is magnolia on 3 walls and plum on 1 wall. we have had dark-ish wooden floor put down and the same colour shelves put up.

This week we have had a corner sofa arrive, it is charcoal (which silly me though was black, not grey!) anyway there is a problem with it and they are coming back to exchange but i am thinking whether we should exchange it for the plum sofa or not?

The thing is, one half of the sofa will be on the plum wall, would it be too much, a plum sofa with plum wall?

please help!

im no design guru but sounds like my livingroom and my sofas are brown :) maches in with the floor wouldnt go nutral as it would get dirty thru time and they really do stain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back