Help with dishwasher / outlet pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,
I’ve googled for ages but can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.

I’m having to replace my dishwasher - the old outlet hose screwed into the trap/pipe for the one and a half sink (see picture below and yes that is a latex glove acting as a blank).

the new dishwasher outlet needs to be pushed onto a nozzle and (I assume) secured with a jubilee clip.

Not sure if I can just get something to screw into the old outlet fitting that converts it to a nozzle - or do I need to replace the whole connection (circled).
If so - what should I google / search for?

cheers!
Garry
upload_2021-8-11_9-12-9.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Are you looking for something to screw into the connection where the rubber glove is? If so that looks like a normal spigot end connector and would take a normal appliance spigot connection. Don't think you get them separately though, probably need a new trap waste.

Sponsored Links
thanks - this might be the very chap. Existing thread seems to be 1inch.

there is a city plumbing not far from me so def worth a go at £2 before I buy a whole new trap / waste.

will let you know if it works out.

Threaded connections in plumbing are very often in BSP sizes.

What the size is called is not the same as what is measures.

For example a 3/4 Inch BSP fitting measures 26.44 mm / 1.041"

And has 14 threads per inch.

A one Inch BSP measures 33.25 mm / 1.309"

And has 11 threads per inch

Others are in metric sizes.

For example 25mm which is almost one inch.

Can you measure it very accurately please across the diameter of the thread.

unfortunately they uplifted the old one when delivering the new one and before I realised the outlet connections were different.

Ah. Hopefully not too difficult or expensive to remedy though. Random Grinch may have found exactly what you need, wastes are usually pretty standard across the manufacturers.

Threaded connections in plumbing are very often in BSP sizes.

What the size is called is not the same as what is measures.

For example a 3/4 Inch BSP fitting measures 26.44 mm / 1.041"

And has 14 threads per inch.

Others are in metric sizes.

For example 25mm which is almost one inch, and more likely what you need, on a waste fitting.

Can you measure it very accurately please across the diameter of the thread.

It’s really tricky to get into, but measuring with a metal rule it looks like it’s 25mm across the diameter of the thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back