Help with Drill Bits?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All

Right the time has come to buy some drill bits. Im sick and tired of drill bits snapping when they become hot, losing sharpness after one hole etc etc from the bits you get free when we buy our power/cordless items.

So I was wondering, as im not a tradesman just a keen DIYer, what is a good set of drill bits to buy? Ill need a range from 3mm (ish) up to 10mm. I don't mind if there's more but ideally could do with that range.

I do quite a bit of DIYing in my house and for family so im willing to spend to get a decent set. I could do with wood, masonry and metal bits. Even SDS as my old ones have gone rusty now.

Im also in need of a decent counter sink, as at the minute I use a bigger drill bit (if I can find one) and we all know how wrong that can go!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Sponsored Links
HSS (High Speed Steel) jobber drills are a good choice - from Screwfix. Buy the smaller ones in 10 packs. Nice and cheap when they do snap!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Those extreme 2 look pretty good. Is around £50 a decent price or am I getting ripped off? Do they drill wood, masonry and steel?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back