Help with fan wiring in loft please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

New poster here so thank you in advance for any help.

I have been talking with a family member who is an electrician and I have a new fan that needs to be wired to a switch live from a previous bathroom light installation.

I have found the old ceiling rose in the loft which seems to be powering 6 spotlights in the bathroom.

IMG_3160.jpeg

The thing that is stumping me is that the switch live cable from the light switch outside the room is in the loop terminal not in the live side.

I want to wire a new timer inline fan to an isolator switch outside the bathroom and have all the wiring diagrams I need.

The previous 12 volt fan was connected at the other end of the spotlights into a 12 v step down transformer which I will have to remove.
6A74D08B-BDCE-4C88-AD96-80F8B49FB433.jpeg

The right side of that wiring goes down into the shower fan which is now defunct. The left side flex comes from inside the false ceiling where the bathroom spotlights are housed.

Any ideas how to wire the new isolator switch in properly once the old fan is removed?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Mods can you please move this to the electricians forum please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back