Help with fitting door, gap at door stop.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some advice, fitted a few doors in my time but never had this issue before.

After cutting my door to size and putting it up to see how it fits there is a gap at the door stop (see picture). I dont remember the old door being any thinker than the new. If I move the hinge back this starts to prevent the door form opening properly.

Is my only option to add to the door stop, or start to cut into the skirting to make room for the hinge if I move it closer to the stop?

Any help appreciated, probably an easy question to a joiner but the last doors I have done just went in no problem.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Robert592good evening.

Sorry but cannot see the Image?

Without the Image, most probable other cause of your problem is that the original door was "Bent" or the new one is?? meaning the door was bowed and the original joiner who fitted the door "Bent" the door stop to fit a bent or twisted door??

Ken

What I am trying to is fit a 35mm door into a 45mm frame. The stop can’t be moved.
The door frame is also not square just to make things harder, if a door frame is not square do you cut the door to match or keep the cuts on the door square?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back