help with led lamps

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have countless halogen lights in the house (historic) with the following set up
the lamps are Gu5.3 closed dichroic 12v 0.51cm which run off individual transformer
230-240v input current 0.27a60w with rated power 60va 20-60w
on comparison led lamps save energy so am thinking that when there is replacement
then I will replace with led but learned that is little complicated so will appreciate help
on the matter thanking in advance
1.require ideal replacement lamp (which one) detail please
2.kindly note I am in no position to change the transformers
3.the lamps will have to be budjet price
thanks

Sponsored Links
I have countless halogen lights in the house (historic) with the following set up
the lamps are Gu5.3 closed dichroic 12v 0.51cm which run off individual transformer
230-240v input current 0.27a60w with rated power 60va 20-60w
on comparison led lamps save energy so am thinking that when there is replacement
then I will replace with led but learned that is little complicated so will appreciate help
on the matter thanking in advance
1.require ideal replacement lamp (which one) detail please
2.kindly note I am in no position to change the transformers
3.the lamps will have to be budjet price
thanks

They are not transformers by the sound of it and LEDs won't work off switch mode supplies designed for halogen lights.

Bearing in mind QUOTE: kindly note I am in no position to change the transformers

You won't be able to use LED's unless you involve someone who can. Better still replace with 240V LEDs.

• Thanks
Reactions: ih

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back