Help with macerator outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a saniplus macerator in the en-suite of the attic bedroom. Who-ever installed it did a bad job of it.
I have unkinked the outflow pipe and straightened the pipe work up (yes I know it shouldn't be 25mm MDPE pipe but I'm stuck with it untill I rip it all out next year) see picture below:
What I need some help with is:
because the waste flows downhill I need an air admitance valve somewhere to stop it syphoning waste back up, however I've not been able to find anything like this for 25mm pipe.
I'm after a relatively cheapish and quick (days labour) to sort this out so it lasts about a year.
Any suggestion and where to get the parts please that don't involve replacing the whole of the outlet pipe.
I've had the saniflo out and cleaned it all up and it looks in good working order

Sponsored Links
There should be a non return valve in the outlet of the macerator. This will prevent any backflow into it.

Yes that is what you need. On mine it lives in the outlet elbow that you connect to the unit, then after, you run the pipe to the stack.

Sponsored Links
thanks, I think I have one.
The problem is I can hear it bubbling air back into when it has finished pumping. I presume this is because it is running downhill although the manual only says considerably lower and our runs a little bit lower so not sure if this is the problem:
If the discharge pipework runs to a level considerably lower than the unit, the resultant siphoning effect can suck out the water seal in the
unit. Fitting an air admittance valve capable of withstanding 10psi pressure (BBA approved) at the high point of the pipe run will overcome
this problem.
There is also a bit of a smell every now and again but I think this may be down to a poor sink trap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back