Help with motorized valve wiring problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just changed the old satchwell dm 3601 3 port valve for a Drayton 22mm Mid-position valve MA1/679-3, all is working fine until the heating only is on, it wont go over to the CH and Stays on HW. When the HW is on it all works as it should.
The JB is also Satchwell wth the relay (sorry don't no the model No)

Sponsored Links
It worked OK before apart for sticking occasionally HW on only but some rads warming up. Hot water tank started leaking last sat so put new in on monday, thought it prudent to change valve as draining down. Cheers..

Sponsored Links
Smithmeister said:
I have just changed the old satchwell dm 3601 3 port valve for a Drayton 22mm Mid-position valve MA1/679-3, all is working fine until the heating only is on, it wont go over to the CH and Stays on HW. When the HW is on it all works as it should.

Well done, no point was there really, I`d have your clock/programmer checked. Have someone check out your leak & your effort to rewire your new valve.

Bambergaspipe said:
Smithmeister said:

Well done, no point was there really, I`d have your clock/programmer checked

Thanks: But also put an new Drayton programmer in a while ago as with tank/room stats. Could it be the JB with the relay in it plus the colour changes with cables from satchwell to Drayton. Cheers

Cheers. Any ideas or shall i rip out the old jb with relay and rewire into new JB.

No. don`t rip anything out. I`m not an electrician, that`s how it seems to me, you need better advice.Maybe on this forum, or try the Electrics forum.

Bambergaspipe said:
Cheers. Any ideas or shall i rip out the old jb with relay and rewire into new JB.

No. don`t rip anything out. I`m not an electrician, that`s how it seems to me, you need better advice.Maybe on this forum, or try the Electrics forum.

Thanks for your help anyway...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back