Help with offset bends required on 68mm round guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Hopefully this will be a simple one! I'm trying to fix this 68mm round guttering (see pic) but i'm a complete novice and rubbish with angles. Currently the downpipe is just loosely pushed into the gutter fitting above and resting on the stone below. I'm presuming it should be fixed to the wall go into the drain hole but none of the other sections seem to be there.

I know i'll probably have to buy some offset angled fittings but I can't quite figure out which ones! Can anyone help out here please? Also, will I need to solvent weld the fittings together or do they fit in tightly/kept held together by the fact that the pipe will be clipped to the wall?

Thank you in anticipation.

Attachments

• Guttering2.jpg
    Guttering2.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 233
Sponsored Links
St5andard off sets (not 90's) will do. Buy a pair and 3 d/p clips. You will need a short vertical piece straight out of the running outlet and you'll need to mock up your downspout or at least a short piece with say a couple of clips attached, so that you can measure your swan neck.

Fiddly but easy once you have done the first.

You want a pair 135 degree elbows. From the top it'll be a short length straight down, elbow, short length towards wall at 45 degrees, elbow, longer length straight down to drain.

They can be solvent welded but its not really needed if you have brackets on the longer length holding it to the wall.

Sponsored Links
Heat from the sun can cause downpipes to creap apart at joints , usually joints are too loose for solvent weld to be effective , I use a single self tapper which allows for future adjustment without replacement .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back