HELP WITH REPLACING A FLEXIHOSE CONNECTING TO CISTERN PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Would be very grateful for some advice please.
The flexihose connecting to my toilet cistern is leaking from its metal collar
at cistern connection end.
Need to replace but have 2 problems.

1.The stop cock tap under kitchen sink is very stiff and unable to turn.
2. Have bought a replacement flexihose but at the end where it connects
to water mains it has a compression connection.
Can I use the existing connection after unscrewing or do I have to replace
the olive and if so how do you remove it and install new one that comes with flexihose.
Thanks,
Phil.

Sponsored Links
1. If the supply to the cistern is mains fed then either locate the external stopcock and close it or open & close the internal one - it might just free up.

2. You may be able to re-use the existing olive and backnut - depends on how the original hose was fitted. It's always better to remove the old fitting completely. A pair of grips on the old olive will allow you to remove it providing that it isn't over-tightened onto the pipe. (Or an olive puller)

If you can't shut off the supply then it may be a case of isolating the supply (freezing is one option) and replacing the internal stopcock.

It would be a good idea to get the internal stopcock sorted out now - rather than in an emergency when you have uncontrolled mains water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back