Help with shower wall union elbow? Please help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right guys I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I got my uncle to do my bathroom and 6 months later and 30 times of asking him to finish it I decided to fit my own shower.

I got all of it done but I can not work out how to fit the wall union elbow??

I had a copper pipe coming out of the tiles and I have fit the wall union elbow but it sits about an inch off the tiles?

I have thought about the simple fix of cutting the pipe Down an inch but then I wont be able to fix it to the pipe?

I really can't see a way of fitting this correctly???

Here is a picture of what I have done, it works for now but I just want it finshed.

Thanks for reading

Please help!

Picture...

http://s578.photobucket.com/albums/...iew&current=d132cdc4.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Sponsored Links
has the pipe been secured to the wood or is their play on the pipe when you pull it ?
as that only looks like a compression nut not a wall plate fixing.
have you any spare tiles as that pipes going to have to be shortened abit ?

Sponsored Links
No it's not fixed to the wood that I can see, there is about 1cm play in the pipe it's pretty stiff I am amazingly bad at diy so taking the tile off isn't an option for me!

Would you say I need to get a pro in to finish the job?

Doing this bathroom on the cheap has ended up costing more and taking alot longer :( I just want it finished for Christmas now.

Thanks for your help guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back