concealed shower connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning,

I am installing a concealed shower on a stud wall and have outlets for wall mounted and hand shower. I plan to use elbow wall plates attached to the studwork and make a hole through the tiles and shower board to screw in the shower unions for the showers. The unions have a face which butts up against the tiles and my concern is the union face will bottom on tiles before it seals on the elbow or the face will be proud on the tiles leaving an unsightly gap.

I plan to apply ptfe tape and loctite sealant on the unions. Are there any other tips I should be aware of or just keep my fingers crossed?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If you can put blanking plugs in outlets prior to fitting the tiles.
Then turn on to check everything is water tight leave overnight to be sure.

Thanks for your comments. My concern is the shower connections may have a leak which I cannot see once I remove the plugs and screw in the union. I now plan to extend the female connection just proud of the tiles. Unfortunately elbow wall plates with pipes attached would not work as they are not sufficiently deep to clear the tiles and shower board. However, I had a brain wave and plan to use 15mm x 1/2" female couplers which can be made to stand proud of the stud work.

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back