Installing a Shower Wall Union/Elbow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I purchased the following from screwfix http://www.screwfix.com/prods/79843...ries/Shower-Fittings/Shower-Wall-Supply-Elbow

I am now in a position to fit it which I tried over the weekend and I cant get my head around it at all.

I have a wall with a hole in and a flexi hose coming out of it which I managed to connect to the union/elbow via a 15mm pipe and compression joints.

What my problem is, is how on earth do I attach it to the wall/tiles?

The union is literally an elbow encased in a silver casing with a black rubber washer. There are no filling instructions and no screw/mounting holes.

I am slightly concerned about using no-nails to 1) hold the washer on and 2) hold the washer (with union attached) to the wall.

As a heads up, I dont have access to behind the wall, so everything has to be done from the front.

Any ideas how to fit this or should I get another verion which can be screwed to the wall?

Thanks

Karl

Sponsored Links
i don't know what your doing but use a wall plate to secure it to the wall and fit your supply pipe.

p4753215_x.jpg

The problem I have is I can't access the recess any longer, I simply have a hole and a flexi hose coming out which I need to try and secure agiainst the wall.

Is there something available where will screw to the tiles and then have a cover that makes it look "nicer".

If this wont work, I think I have no choice but to use no nails and glue as best as possible... or even alraldite (sp?).

Karl

Sponsored Links
http://www.screwfix.com/talk/thread.jspa?threadID=98561&messageID=1135473

Thanks

I saw that thread but the comment on there is the same as me:

Yeah, I understand what you're saying and that's what I would have expected...

But it's not like that. The elbow is integral to the cover and the only bit that attaches to the back is a rubber seal...!

So there's no way of screwing it to the wall... unless you're supposed to screw it onto the supply pipe...

The unit does not come to bits and the only part that will come off is the back washer, the rest does not move.

Any ideas?

I will take some pics when i get home. Basically its a black rubber washer that gives a fairly secure fit but does not "snap" in place and literally is lose, there is simply no way to secure it to the call.

Looking online for an example, this is very similar to mine, but mine has a male connector built in and not a female.

16-17OZ.jpg

The rubber washer just sits around the rim.

not with your situation if you have a flexi hanging from the hole
and no access to secure a fitting in the wall now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back