Help with Vaillent VRC 430

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi eveyone!

Hopefully you guys might be able to clear up a few things for me about my VRC 430

Right the story!

I have recently renovated my house and have had a new boiler installed Vaillent Ecotech+ 831

Being a typical bloke! i have seen the VRC 430 and though that looks cool i will have one of those!!

Now the house is finished but im struggling to understand the controls!

1. Are the hot water and heating temperatures on the boiler screen / controls still active with the vrc 430 or are they overridden?

2. Should the VRC 430 hold the date when powered off? it seems to hold some info but not everything?

3. What is the "circulation pump" schedule?

4. Why do i have a hot water schedule? i don't have any kind of hot water storage tank so i would have thought that the boiler would just heat the water on demand?

5. whats a good heating curve to start at? i think it was 1.8 when i first turned it on? but i have upped it to 3 as it was heating very slowly.

Whats a good set of settings to get me started?

Lastly! is there any controls that i can get to control this boiler over the internet? (just to confuse mattered even more!)

Thanks!
Steve

Sponsored Links
contols on boiler shoukd be set to max

circulation pump you wont hane, its a domestic hot water circulator for hot water systems

you can your combi to preheat the heat exchanger

i would stRt at 1.8 for the heating curve, lowering the room temperature, lowers the curve if that is too high

hope that helps...

Hot water is just built in for other models, I'd set curve around 2.0 and squeeze down

the other thing to do is raise the set back temperature to about 14c or as you see fit...

The system aims to replace the lost heat,so if its not very cold the radiators wont be very hot...

focus on room temperature, not radiator temperature too

Sponsored Links
OK Cool So when i go back there tomorrow i will:

crank the two dials on the boiler to full.

Set the heating curve to 1.8

Should i just leave the hot water schedule as is? or turn it all off?

Presumabley i can set the hot water temp on the vrc 430? dont really want the tape pumping out at 70c (or what ever the max is)

Am i right in thinking that the setback temp is what the heating tries to keep the house at outside of the heating schedule? so the heating will come on outside of the schedule to stop its going below 14?

THanks!

OK Cool So when i go back there
Presumabley i can set the hot water temp on the vrc 430? dont really want the tape pumping out at 70c (or what ever the max is)

Am i right in thinking that the setback temp is what the heating tries to keep the house at outside of the heating schedule? so the heating will come on outside of the schedule to stop its going below 14?

THanks!

Yes and yes :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back