Help with wiring my Worcester 26si to nest.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
I've looked at loads of threads but I'm wondering how to install my nest 3rd gen.
I'm thinking I need to wire 4 wires?

Ns - N
LS - L
LR -3

And L to 3 ???

And also will I need to disable my programme box?
Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
You're almost there. As you have figured:

Ns (Neutral supply) = Nest N
Ls (Live supply) = Nest L
Lr (Live return) = Nest 3 Heating call for Heat

But you will also need to add a wire to link Nest terminal 2 Heating common, to the Nest terminal L
nest Model (1).jpg

The Heat Link should also have an earth connection as per the Nest instructions if using T1 & T2 to power the remote thermostat.

Any existing externally wired thermostat / programmer should be disconnected and removed completely, otherwise it will interfere with the operation of the Nest.

If you have to open up a room sealed compartment of the boiler to access the wiring terminals (This is not the case with all boilers, with some you do & some you don't) then it should only be done by a RGI (Gas Safe Engineer) who can make the appropriate checks to make sure that it is sealed up again properly afterwards.

Edit
Wiring diagram added

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back