HELP Xmas day worcester 24i emergency

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bloody xmas morning and no heating

big puddle no pressure turns out auto air vent is leaking.

Anyone know if i can do a temp repair till i get a new one.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Doesnt appear to be anything to turn.

Are you getting confused with pressure relief valve?
Its auto air vent thats leaking

Isn't there a little cap on the top where the air comes out.

Sponsored Links
A leaking auto air vent by itself does not stop a boiler working!

Whats system pressure?

Increase to 1.5 Bar.

What fault indication do you get? Not that they are much use on that model.

Tony Glazier

keep pressure above 1Mbar until new vent can be bought. Leak = water out Air in!! too low pressure and it won't fire

keep pressure above 1Mbar until new vent can be bought. Leak = water out Air in!! too low pressure and it won't fire

How does air get in when there is a positive water pressure in the system?

Worrying when he apparently gets involved in plumbing!

Is that getting towards the pressures where materials dont behave "normally"?

Would not want to turn the boiler into a black hole!

Bloody xmas morning and no heating

big puddle no pressure turns out auto air vent is leaking.

Anyone know if i can do a temp repair till i get a new one.

Thanks

What side of boiler is the leak and are you sure it coming from air vent. you can shut the cap off on the air vent make sure you have turned off Elect before turning off cap on air vent. This will keep pressure in boiler 1.2 bar to keep you going( You could phone BG and they will come out and repair it low cost. BHP ;) :oops: ;)

Cheers fellas
Sorted it. Took it off cleaned it out and sealed a treat. Pressure must have dropped without knowing and bit of crap got stuck in it.
Had to replace a capacitor on PCB which had blown due to water ingress. Alps well. Cheers.

How does air get in when there is a positive water pressure in the system?
Hello Agile...again!!! Well, if the pressure goes down there will come a point where air gets in..why am I bothering to answer? Don't spoil Xmas mate we are all trying to help, not to ask "smart" questions

No Capacitor on that PCB also if you do change a part on PCB you could be li liable it is always best to change PCB remember duty of care in this case. Next did you replace the rubber washer on the AAV and did you inspect the float, :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :oops:

No Capacitor on that PCB also if you do change a part on PCB you could be li liable it is always best to change PCB remember duty of care in this case. Next did you replace the rubber washer on the AAV and did you inspect the float, :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :oops:

I dont know why you say that !

If you think that the PCB is an 8-716-146-300-0 then there are 10 electrolytic capacitors and about 16 ceramic and mylar capacitors!

Its difficult to imagine a boiler PCB without any capacitors!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back