Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone reassure me, I rang an alarm company to fix a wireless alarm into my house that I have just moved into, it had a previous wired alarm that the owner said needs replacing. So hence that's why I went wireless. Any way this company said they would order me one (which was a Yale HSA6200 standard alarm) and fit it the next day, he asked how many rooms I had, but asked nothing else.
The fitter came and started to install, I asked if he had brought a duel pir for the conservatory because of the heat. he said yes he has. He then proceeded to fit the rest of the alarm, and at the end I asked him how do I omit the landing pir at night in case anyone needed to go to the bathroom.
he said you can't. He put the standard package in plus 2 extra pir's and a key fob, job price £400. I have contacted Yale by email and they tell me that they wouldn't advise putting Pir's in conservatories they don't do duel ones. And the only way you can omit an upstairs pir is to have a panel box. I rang the alarm company to say what Yale said and they said the Pir for the conservatory has been adapted for use in conservatories, and the issue with the upstairs Pir they will check and get back to me in a couple of days. Guess what no phone call from them. I think have been mugged. What can I do?[/b]

Sponsored Links
Yes ! And it depends what was wrong with the wired system it could have been an easy fix , sounds like the "so called alarm company" don't know what they are doing!

Yes ! And it depends what was wrong with the wired system it could have been an easy fix , sounds like the "so called alarm company" don't know what they are doing!

I have already got that opinion myself, I could kick my self for being conned. What to do next!!!!

Get them back or name and shame them! They should have be upfront from the start reguarding the duel tec for a start...

Sponsored Links
Trading Standards just love rip off alarm companies!
Definately contact them, and the crime prevention officer at the local police station.

Do you have an address for the "alarm company" or just a phone number. ?

I would keep your valuables well locked up in case the "alarm company" come calling again.

Definately contact them, and the crime prevention officer at the local police station.

I would keep your valuables well locked up in case the "alarm company" come calling again.

Just a phone number, I will contact them again next week and hear there response, if I can get hold of them. Thanks for the warning, I feel even worse now.

Just a phone number, I will contact them again next week and hear there response, if I can get hold of them. Thanks for the warning, I feel even worse now.
I hope the number is not a Mobile number, NEVER deal with a Mobile number only, if you see what I mean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back