helpfull suggestions to help moderate the rules easier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this thread is NOT to blame or have a go at any one its to try and have a sensible debate
about possible tweeking and modifying the rules to a more user freindly possibly [hopfully :D ]less strictly adhered to when the outcome is off less importance [not thretening to the forums stance or integrety]

i would suggest the usual "this post is has snuffed it " :LOL: :LOL:

ok "the poster has probably sorted the problem by now" would be suffice

if its an old thread and someone ads to it why not!!!! it dosnt harm any body if it bothers the the admin then lock threads automaticly when they are 12 weeks old!!!!

or just leave people to post freely and i or somone else with a freindly "tone" ;) point out the age off the thread
buuutttt only if is serves no point as in not contributing anything usefull

a lot off replyes to old threads are someone has had the same problem and found a good solution or someone has great advice to add :D :D ;)

i personaly say a lighter hand in this matter would help to come to a compromise

thanks for listening :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Replying to an old thread is not all bad.

You can often learn from an addition to an old thread.

But the most common thing posted to an old thread is "how did you fix it"

I agree. The members on this site make it what it is, not the moderators and as such should be given a bit more slack. Sure the mods have a job to do but from the general tone on here (and e-mails I have received from other members) they are being over eager in their moderation. It's almost a game to see which mod can mess with a post first. Please take a step back and try and see what you're doing.

p.s. come on and get the forum clock altered back an hour!

You can change the clock in your profile

big-all said:
if its an old thread and someone ads to it why not!!!! it dosnt harm any body
I'm with you 100%
or just leave people to post freely and i or somone else with a freindly "tone" ;) point out the age off the thread
Yep, the way I would do it, by quoting "Thank you for your effort for replying to this old topic but it would be very useful if you can reply to a newer topic" and "Welcome to the forum ;) "
a lot off replyes to old threads are someone has had the same problem and found a good solution or someone has great advice to add :D :D ;)
I have read a very old post the other day which was very useful to me inwhich I've ordered materials from the website link :!:

And they haven't broken any forum rules :!:

Sponsored Links
the way i see it rules should have a value between 1 and 10 :LOL: :LOL:

1 the least concern 10 the greatest respect and concern :LOL: :LOL:

in my opinion old posts are on the car park outside with a minus 17 in importance

in actual fact i belive racist and derogatorty comments that deserve the maximum 10 status and atention are often virtualy egnored :rolleyes:

whilst old threads posted on are pounced on :cry: :cry: like they have the plauge :?: :?: :?:

now i am NOT having a go but i thing recatigration of the rules may be helpfull

thanks for listening :D :D

Why not just delete all posts over a certain amount of time...say...1 month?

Wht not have a seperate forum for politics?

Allow pm's..it can be done on this format, plenty of other sites have the facility.

Have a fun forum...jokes pics etc

I don't think I would seperate General Discussion out into several smaller titles, it would make life more complicated to keep track of them.

I would be interested to know how much more mod activity there is now compared with a year or so ago. I don't remember all this much and I'm sure the content of the threads hasn't got any more forthright or abusive.

Good moderating should be almost invisible, in my opinion, not a constant dialogue.......

johnny_t said:
Good moderating should be almost invisible, in my opinion, not a constant dialogue.......

i entirly agree :LOL: :LOL:

aaannnddd the mods do a good job within the framework they are given

we are just trying to soften the wire to allow it to mould nearer to the "body" off the forum ;)

Sponsored Links
Back