Henry Hoover Hi/Lo Not Working

Update - I took a punt and ordered a new rocker switch.

It is now working correctly. So either the switch and PCB had gone, or just the switch. Maybe the LED part went, who knows. No way to really test that with DMM.

Sponsored Links
Like (apparently many users) I removed my PCB and converted Henry to single power mode as I preferred this setting and was fed up of it starting on low and having to be switched to high. I presume it's some sort of EU power saving nonsense but fortunately (or intentionally?) it's a 2 minute job to sort out.

Sponsored Links
Like (apparently many users) I removed my PCB and converted Henry to single power mode as I preferred this setting and was fed up of it starting on low and having to be switched to high. I presume it's some sort of EU power saving nonsense but fortunately (or intentionally?) it's a 2 minute job to sort out.
Can I ask how you did that as mine is only working on low, thanks.

Hi all,

Got a Henry Hoover (HVR-200A), and the Hi/Lo rocker switch does not seem to be working. The red neon on the switch is not illuminated. The hoover powers on, but permanently in high mode.

Thinking either the rocker switch or PCB has gone. Tried multimeter on switch blades, didn't seem to buzz continuity - but I'm not sure if this switch operates like a normal switch?

Opened up, and looked at PCB. There does appear to be some discolouration, possible from components burning out? I reassemble the hoover again, and noticed a brief burning electronics smell when I powered on. Seems ok now.

What do you think it could be, the switch or PCB? (hopefully the switch as it is cheaper!)

Cheers

IMG-20200324-142801.jpg
Hi
Anyone with Idea what exactly is that 3pin component? My has a crater and can't read the markings. My Henry works with bypased PCB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back