Here's a bargain for someone!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I quite enjoy looking on eBay for new gas appliances, hobs for £25 - £40 etc and here is one that really caught my eye what's missing now is the highly optomistic "buy it now" option for a mere 225 quid, mind you it is renowned for its quality & reliability. This reminds me of a second hand washing machine I bought years ago. "It's not been used much" said the bloke selling it "mostly just for my girlfriends knickers" - it lasted about 3 months, I expect her knickers lasted longer.

I went to Chiswick yesterday to pick up a potterton 24Kw combi that I'd agreed to pay £260 for on the understanding that it was complete, unopened and hadn't been tampered with by anyone. When I arrived, the box had been opened, the mounting template, the user instructions and the benchmark book were missing. There's 4 hours of my life I'm never going to get back again :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
If that was an ebay item I would leave the appropriate feedback comment to warn others of his attention to 'detail'. :evil:

It reminds me of a mate who went to look at a car, he was told it was used daily. When he saw it, it was on a farm and there were chickens living in it ! :eek:

Cheers,

P.J.

Ebay = CAVEAT EMPTOR :rolleyes:

By the time you have paid the inflated postage fees, you will find the bargain was cheaper in the shops. Also you run the risk that the item is as described. If not, you are put off returning the goods by the high postage charges.
:LOL:

I wonder how many stolen items are selling on ebay ?

Sponsored Links
i have to say i have just had my 2nd lot of leds from a bloke on ebay, really happy with them (don't know what i am going to do with them, but i am happy)

led's _ I've got a bag of about 500 somewhere, from my days as a lectronic bloke. No Artful, they're not in the van, they'll be in the spare bedroom. (That's the one with the bed and the wife in).

It amuses me to see people getting things like £10 for 10 iso vales on ebay, which we all know where to buy for 35p each!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back