Hero or What?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reading about the disaster in Italy ..............isn't the captain supposed to go down with his ship?

Prosecutors arrested Captain Francesco Schettino and first officer Ciro Ambrosio late Saturday.

The Italian prosecutor leading the investigation, Francesco Verusio, told reporters Sunday that Schet-tino had left the stricken liner "well before" the last passengers were evacuated.

Sponsored Links
One would have thought so, especially if it was his decision to take an unauthorised detour from a programmed route through unsafe waters.

Complete cock, by the sound of it.

Apparently he also ordered "abandon ship" 40 mins after it started listing.

Court hearing tomorrow according to the news.

One shouldn't prejudge I suppose, but he sound like a real card

Sponsored Links
Lets wait and listen to the enquiry, but fundamentally a ship requiring 'x' metres of draught needs many more metres of free water under its keel to be stable.....so Lord knows what it was doing there.
A ghastly affair and what a way to die. :cry:
Any ideas of how to salvage that one :eek:
The biggest cruise ship so far has approx 8000 souls on board :eek:
John :)

Any ideas of how to salvage that one :eek:
)

Yep,,, Fill the hole in it's hull with discarded PIP implants (there'll be thousands soon) They are silicon so should be waterproof, then pump the water out and away she goes. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PS I bet Katie Price is brickin herself. ;) ;) ;)

A reporter tonight on channel 5 checked their website for info and noticed they were still offering cruises on that ship for April.
Out of curiosity he booked a holiday and paid a deposit which they accepted and issued him a cabin number...and wished him a pleasant trip. :eek:

I think the company should keep it's opinion to itself instead of trying to prejudice the case by telling everyone he's guilty.

It may be so -the black box will tell it's side of the story soon enough- but it's poor form none the less to make him a pirrah by some PR campaign to deflect any criticism away from them..

Sponsored Links
Back