Hetas Cert says Liner... But Liners Disappeared?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just moved into a new property which has a multi fuel stove in the front room. We have decided to upgrade the stove and im doing the surrounding work, starting with the removal of the brick surround.

We were under the impression when we bought the property that there was a cast liner in the chimney (see attached HETAS Cert image) but when I took out the register plate there seemed to be a definite lack of any flue?! (see more images)

To be honest im a bit confused, I can see ill have to invest in a new flue, but is there a possibility the HETAS engineer is referencing something else in the certificate that im not seeing?

Any advice gladly received

James

Sponsored Links
"Cast", in this sense, suggests "constructed" and not as in "a : to give a shape to (a substance) by pouring in liquid or plastic form into a mold and letting harden without pressure <cast steel>".

In short - he tested the chimney and found nothing wrong with it. So a liner wasn't necessary and may still not be necessary.

Ok, makes sense. So could I assume that if a new stove is installed it may not need a liner?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back