Hi boiler pressure rising slowly never going back..

Remember now when boiler was fixed before over year ago (main board ex.) noticed small same leak on pipe and asked about it .. he said he's going to fix it and was ok with no leak till now..

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20200803-174716_Gallery (3).jpg
Screenshot_20200803-174720_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200803-174725_Gallery (1).jpg

Pipe goes to that gold looking metal part.. no idea what is it.. looks like pressure went down a bit more to 2.3 bar now.. 1h later boiler off and hose off..

with the hose still disconnected, turn your CH on and after 20 mins or so check the pressure and see if it has gone back up

hey Ian after 20min of CH on went up by 2/10 bar from 2.4 bar to 2.6 bar... its off now and i think about bleeding radiators to be back to 1.2 bar and see if no hose make any change.. thanks for helping cheers

Sponsored Links
Drop the pressure back down to 1 bar.
Where's the leak...maybe just the 1/2" connection of the copper pipe under the boiler? Might just need to nut nipping up.
Other favorite would be from the brass lump you've circled....that's the diverter valve.
The black actuator head operates at 240V and could be full of water so power off the boiler if you unclip it from the brass part to investigate.

Will try that tomorrow thanks.. is it possible that cos of boiler not operating right my bill for the month went 50% up? My average is 50 just got 104 pounds bill for gas and electricity..

Will try that tomorrow thanks.. is it possible that cos of boiler not operating right my bill for the month went 50% up? My average is 50 just got 104 pounds bill for gas and electricity..
That is an awfull lot, not connected to your pressure problems though, if the heating was stuck on you would know as the rads would be hot

Hey looks like that black valve is not perfect on silver hose..got half glass of water in plastic box after living for night and till 6pm undone from pipe.. looks like was letting in water even when shut so pressure going up cos of that i would think..

How much would cost silver hose with new valve on it.. some say should be two valves.. plumbing job or I could do it myself...

Ok yeah :) just notice that I've showered and my girlfriend and bar gauge almost did not move...before was going up and did not want to go down..solid 1 bar from yesterday after removing refilling hose looks like thats what's wrong..valve

Going to try heating for 30min and see if goes up much or not.. not sure how much should go up when heatis on..

All depends on the size of the system 0.2 to0.5 of a bar is perfectly normal, shouldnt go up much more than that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back