Hi-Fi stereo Denon CEOL keeps cutting out suddenly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My stereo switches on fine and will start playing music, but the power always cuts out suddenly after a few minutes.

This started happening a while ago but it seemed to get a lot better when I bought a new adapter plug for it. (It has a European plug so it comes with a Euro to UK adapter). Does anyone have any clues as to why this is happening?

This is the stereo
http://www.whathifi.com/denon/ceol-rcd-n7/specs
These are the speakers I have attached to it.
http://www.whathifi.com/wharfedale/diamond-101/specs

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you tried a different socket? If you are sure it is the appliance at fault then you might be better posting in Audio /Visual section

I havr tried other sockets and it is generally more reliable on other sockets. then I bought the new plug adapter and that seemed to solve it. Now a few months later it has started happening again.

Do you think it is more of an electric problem?

Quite possibly, I think the first thing I would do is cut off the 2 pin plug & fit a UK 3 pin one with a 3 or 5 amp fuse.

Sponsored Links
Quite possibly, I think the first thing I would do is cut off the 2 pin plug & fit a UK 3 pin one with a 3 or 5 amp fuse.

Exactly, those adapters generally don't conform to any countries regulations and are designed for shavers etc while on holiday, not for permanent use. I also noticed that the specs for your equipment are for a 220 volt supply not the 240 volt normally found in the UK. Perhaps you are over running it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back