Hi new here and looking advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

We live in an old farmhouse which has a (20 year old roughly) extension which incorporates a small galley kitchen beside the main bathroom (around same size as kitchen) and above those is a quite large bedroom and a toilet.

What we are hoping to do is to knock through from the kitchen into the bathroom and make that a bigger kitchen, make a small toilet beside that and then move the main bathroom upstairs by extending the current upstairs toilet into the bedroom beside it.

In doing so we hope to avoid major headaches with the plumbing etc as all the main pipes and so on run through hotpress (which is quite large) beside the upstairs toilet.

Hope ive made it not too difficult to follow what I mean - have any of you got experience doing a similar project and what rough price range should i expect for the work? I had a ball-park figure of around £10-15k in my head to do the required work (without the cost of a new kitchen and bathroom/toilet and it's installation) does that sound reasonable?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back