Hi

Sponsored Links
That drawing is not a lot of help. A photograph would be better.
4 and 5 are probably supplying the central heating system.

Are you sure its an unvented cylinder?
Unvented cylinders are not supplied from cold water supply cisterns in the loft and definitely not from a F&E cistern!
What make/model is printed on the side?
Why do you think its not the best job in the world and why does your friend want to know where the pipes go?

Did the plumber fill out a benchmark logbook and hand it to your friend?
Is it providing hot water?

Im working of memory now, but its definaetly an unvented cylinder, i believe its a santon. I dont believe its the best installation because it is being fed from a tank in the attic. He just wants to know because he is a pain like that and asked me , but I couldnt quite get me head around the 3 other pipes. I couldnt tell you if any forms were handed over at this moment in time but i'll find out next time I see him. and yes it is providing hot water. ta

Unvented cylinders are not supplied from cold water supply cisterns in the loft and definitely not from a F&E cistern!

sorry to burst your bubble, but you are wrong. it is not a recognised way but it has been done

i have used an unvented cylinder with a loft tank supplying it within the last 6 months. it just becomes a vented cylinder capable of withstanding 10 bar of pressure.

the reason we did it was the existing system has power showers fed by a pump and we needed to have a twin coil cylinder
used a Vaillant Aurastor

Sponsored Links
sorry to burst your bubble, but you are wrong. it is not a recognised way but it has been done

I've looked into doing it with a tribune but considered the cost of the cylinder too prohibitive.
Generally there not used for gravity DHW supply but quite obviously they can.

I based my reply on this......
a plumber has recently installed a unvented system into a friend of mines house

When the OP works out what system is installed then perhaps the thread can move forward without imaginary bubbles being bursted. :rolleyes:
Perhaps the plumber has T'd off the cold supply for the f&e cistern and supplied the unvented cylinder with this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back