High Bay Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to install some led high bay lights but not sure what brand or type to go for. These ‘UFO’ type lights seem to be very popular. Have any you guys had good reliability with a particular brand? Nothing worse sticking leds up and watching them fail in no time at all.

I have seen luxum led advertised in various magazines and so forth but no nothing on the quality of their gear and I have to say it ain’t cheap.

https://www.luxum.co.uk/led-high-bay

Sponsored Links
If you want reliability you need a magnetic ballast and a quality branded HID lamp and an external igniter, this may be what you already have? LED high bays and many other high power LEDs are too expensive and too much of an unknown in terms of quality & reliability in my opinion.

Last edited:
In that case the only advice I can offer is be very careful of the warranty terms on anything you buy. All manufacturers warranties, despite quoting them in years, are usually based on hours. They can say 2, 5 or 10 years warranty but that is actually only valid (often) up to 50,000 hours total and/or based on X (e.g. 8 ) hours use per day. Also not all warranty claims will be as easy as swapping them out at the wholesaler, some may require them returning (possibly at your own cost) and a replacement may be sent out at some point!

Also I strongly advise against any colour temperature above 4000-4200k unless you want a very cold blueish light for a particular reason.

Good luck!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back