high gloss/lacquered mdf

I've noticed that there has been mention of vinyl wrapped doors on this thread...exactly what I am looking for! I recently posted this...

Hello

I need to replace a couple of kitchen drawer fronts and a couple of cupboard doors in my kitchen. However, the kitchen is about 10 years old and it is no longer made (it was from B&Q). The surface of the doors/drawers has been damaged by someone leaving the grill on for way too long in the adjacent oven. :rolleyes:

So, what I need is someone who can match the vinyl foil and stick it on the existing drawers (which are not damaged at all and the old vinyl is easily removable). I've tried a couple of replacement kitchen door suppliers but they send their MDF out to vinyl coating companies en masse (eg. 300 lengths at a time) before final assembly.

There's also the problem of an accurate colour / finish match - it's a kind of light wood (beech?) with some grain. Obviously I can send a sample to whoever could possibly find a match. Again, I'm finding it hard to locate a company who doesn't want to ship me a container-load of the stuff from China!

I don't want to have to replace all the doors in what is a perfectly good kitchen for the sake of 2 drawers and 2 small cupboards! :cry:

Slighty frustrated,
Paul

...but got no responses. I wonder if Scrit might be able to point me in the right direction? Please?!? :D

- Paul

Sponsored Links
I've noticed that there has been mention of vinyl wrapped doors on this thread...exactly what I am looking for!
The problem you have is tyhat your doors are ten years old - in that time B&Q have changed their suppliers, so matching replacement doors are pretty much non-existent. You're also going to have the problem of fading or yellowing in your old doors when compared to new doors with the same vinyl not to mention that just like cars there are a number of whites out there and a number of manufacturers of the vinyl foil......... If you'd like to post a photo of the door(s) then maybe I'd be able to suggest a supplier who can get near to it in style and colour, but a dead match is in all probability not feasible

I've noticed that there has been mention of vinyl wrapped doors on this thread...exactly what I am looking for!
The problem you have is tyhat your doors are ten years old - in that time B&Q have changed their suppliers, so matching replacement doors are pretty much non-existent. You're also going to have the problem of fading or yellowing in your old doors when compared to new doors with the same vinyl not to mention that just like cars there are a number of whites out there and a number of manufacturers of the vinyl foil......... If you'd like to post a photo of the door(s) then maybe I'd be able to suggest a supplier who can get near to it in style and colour, but a dead match is in all probability not feasible
And original post is 4 years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back