1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

high gloss/lacquered mdf

Discussion in 'Wood / Woodwork / Carpentry' started by primate, 4 Mar 2006.

1. pr1234567

pr1234567

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've noticed that there has been mention of vinyl wrapped doors on this thread...exactly what I am looking for! I recently posted this...

...but got no responses. I wonder if Scrit might be able to point me in the right direction? Please?!? :D

- Paul

2. JobAndKnock

JobAndKnock

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The problem you have is tyhat your doors are ten years old - in that time B&Q have changed their suppliers, so matching replacement doors are pretty much non-existent. You're also going to have the problem of fading or yellowing in your old doors when compared to new doors with the same vinyl not to mention that just like cars there are a number of whites out there and a number of manufacturers of the vinyl foil......... If you'd like to post a photo of the door(s) then maybe I'd be able to suggest a supplier who can get near to it in style and colour, but a dead match is in all probability not feasible

3. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    And original post is 4 years old.

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local