High Pitched whining noise - Vaillant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

We've just recently moved into a new flat (completed Dec 06) and our boiler makes a high pitched whining noise when it comes on. It tends to stay noisy for half an hour, stops for a little while, and then the noise begins again. It is an extremely loud whine. The Bar reading is at 1.3 (if thats any use) and it was treated with Fernox Protector in Dec 06....

Any advice on whether I can fix it myself or do I need to get someone out?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Model of boiler would be a helpful start and what it is doing when it is whining.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Thanks for the speedy responses so far, its a 'turbomax plus/pro thermo compact aqua plus' if thats any help. I couldnt find the actual model number this morning but can hunt it out toinght if its needed.

Basically it seems to make a whining noise when it is turning on, or turning back on after it has clicked off. It sounds like the system starts up, and simultaneously the constant whining noise begins. This then continues for 30-45 mins, stops, and starts again 5-10 minutes later...

I can hunt out model number later if you need it...thanks again in advance...

B

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back