High Pressure or Low Pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently got a dripping float valve in my loft cold water tank, doesn't look like too nasty a job to replace and at £6 for a new one it's not going to break the bank, but......

Do I need a low pressure, or high pressure valve?

Looking at them online I can't see a difference outwardly to each one or the one currently fitted? :confused:

Sponsored Links
If it's mains fed then get a high pressure valve. They all look the same, but differ internally in the restrictor size.

Ok....fastly running out of my plumbing knowledge.....

Where the water comes from I have no idea. :oops:
It's a 'standard' new(ish) build, the pipe it's connected to disappears off across the loft space and looks like it might go down into the airing cupboard, if I get it wrong will anything bad happen?

It will be a mains fed tank so turn off the main stopcock before attempting the changing of the valve, or if you are that unsure then get a plumber in.
!5 mins work plus a cuppa.

Sponsored Links
There's a stop cock next to the float valve, that one appears to stop the flow through the valve, I think the biggest problem is going to be finding enough big spanners!
So high pressure part 2 float valve here we come........
What's the worst that can happen.... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back