low pressure vs high pressure shower controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to install thermostatic shower controls and a fixed shower head. I have a combi boiler and get 1bar pressure. I wanted to know if it was necesarry to get high pressure valves for 1bar or whether low pressure valves would work. Similarly will I need a 1bar shower head or will a low pressure head work? If the answer to the questions avove is that both low or high pressure (1bar) valves & shower head would be suitable - then my final question is if I can use a low pressure shower head with high pressure (1bar) controls and vice versa? thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sponsored Links
I have a new vaillant combi boiler and pressure is fairly good. A plumber advised me that pressure is between 1-2 bar.

Sponsored Links
That may be the static pressure.

But what is relevant is whatever the dynamic pressure is.

To get the best performance from showers it needs to be carefully measured and the equipment sourced to match.

Only a very few plumbers are bothered or in many cases even understand what required.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back