low water pressure up stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

the water pressure in a house i made a visit to is really low (1bar) up stairs and wont run the electric shower. the CWS is pretty much level with the shower head which i know isnt helping, also the pipe work pretty much alround the house is pretty bad compression joints almost every where. the bloke doesnt want me to renew the pipe work at all but wants a pump fitting (just for the electric shower) can anyone help with what type would be best. i know water regs say not to put a pump direct to mains water?

any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi all

the water pressure in a house i made a visit to is really low (1bar) up stairs and wont run the electric shower. the CWS is pretty much level with the shower head which i know isnt helping,

Confused, you talk about low mains pressure and a CWS tank in the same breath, if it's an electric shower it will be run of the mains AND NO YOU CANNOT PUMP OFF THE MAINS, then you say the cws tank is the same height as the shower head, which is it mains or storage tank ?

you can fit a pump to an electric shower providing it's fed from the cws
or fit a pumped electric shower with internal pump.

sorry

the shower is running off the main water, but is really low up stairs like i said there is pipe work everywhere including lead pipe. i was really asking wot option would be better a pumped shower or a shower pump

Sponsored Links
I'd go with the pumped shower ie internal pump then the whole lot is covered under the manufacturers warranty as a complete unit.

As a seperate pump/shower can cause more problems later on as in 2 things to go wrong rather than one unit.
and more work to install than one complete unit. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back