Help please, Electric shower not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, We have recently installed an electic shower.
It is a Triton Bezique 11 9.5 w. An electrican did the wiring and we did the plumbing.

We live in a tower block on the 16th floor. The water pressure is apparently over 1bar - which is recommended and the water pressure has always seemed very good.

We have plumbed from the kitchen rising main, about 2 metres away from the bathroom. We are however getting a low pressure indicator light, and cold water only when we operate the shower. We have cleaned the shower head and checked the outlet pipe isnt blocked. We have no more ideas and no more money to spend :cry:

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Marth39

Sponsored Links
Check yer plumbing hasn't blocked the input filter.

ChrisR said:
Check yer plumbing hasn't blocked the input filter.

Hi, thanks for your reply. We checked that today, and it's clear. Completely stumped and can't help thinking we have missed something obvious.

Marth

I think you will find that the M I's 1bar recomendation will be 'working' water pressure and not 'static' :rolleyes: This is probably why the low pressure light is on and stopping the element from heating.

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
I think you will find that the M I's 1bar recomendation will be 'working' water pressure and not 'static' :rolleyes: This is probably why the low pressure light is on and stopping the element from heating.

Thanks for answering. I will google what that means :D

Would our only option be to connect to the cold water tank (on the roof at least 6 mtrs if not more above), then fit a pump?

Marth

Working water pressure is the pressure available to your shower when it is working. This will vary according to other taps in use and neighbours use of water as well.

Not that I am a Triton shower expert, but I have come across this problem with them more than other makes!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back