high pressure to my mixer showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have low hot water pressure throughout my house so was considering installing a single impellor pump to pump it through to the taps and fitting a non return (backflow) valve on the hot supply after the pump would this be correct?

Further to this, I have two mixer showers. is it possible, once the hot water is being pumped to connect the cold supply to mains pressure, (again with backflow protection). I know new mixer showers have the capability of working at mains pressure with combis so would there be any problems with the set up that I propose?

Sponsored Links
Your mixer showers should be fed by roughly equal pressures in order to operate correctly, and as you can't account for fluctuations in mains pressure, and probably don't know your starting pressure so you can match a pump to it, it might not work quite as well as you hope. Much better to get a twin pump and take a cold feed off your loft tank, thereby guaranteeing equal pressures and a good shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back