How-to.increase low hot water pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old back boiler with the rank and cylinder in one of the bedrooms.
The bath mixer shower tap won't stay on with just the hot water and seems to reduce pressure when you turn the cold on.
I'm wondering if it may need s backflow arrestor on the hot side?
Or is there anything else I can do to increase the pressure like fitting a pump?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply, the pressure at the rest is passable, but could be better.
Any idea how much a pump would be please?
I am good at DIY but not sure I can legally fit one as it's a rental property.

I spoke to a plumber today who said it's not a good idea as they are noisy, he recommends a new boiler at over £3k as it's awkward because the pipework is now for a back boiler.

Sponsored Links
I spoke to a plumber today who said it's not a good idea as they are noisy, he recommends a new boiler at over £3k as it's awkward because the pipework is now for a back boiler.
Sounds like work creation to me.

I am the landlord, I had another plumber round today, he said it l would be possible to increase the pressure by raising the tank into the loft. Then run a cold feed also from the tank (not the mains as it is now).
Both hot and cold would then be the same pressure.

May be worthwhile me spending the extra on a combi boiler though as I need to increase energy efficiency generally.

Fit a booster pump next to the cylinder, this can boost water to all tank feed taps.

Not cheap but the best.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back