High Pressure!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

the fine people on this forum have proved to be both wise and generous with their time before so i'll ask another question if i may.

the pressure on my boiler seems to be slowly creeping up.

firstly, a question out of interest; is this a result of using the heating a lot over the recent cold snap? if not, then what's the cause?

secondly; what should i do? how does one go about reducing this pressure?

looking forward to your replies. many thanks.

james.

Sponsored Links
The usual 1bar cold standing pressure will increase to 1.5bar-2.0bar when hot depending on the size of the heating circuit.

If you mean the pressure when cold is increasing then it maybe your filling loop valve is letting by some water and is not fully closed or defective.

To release some pressure release some water off from a radiator bleed valve.

Pete

hi pete,

thanks a lot for your reply.

yeah, the usual recommended cold standing pressure is about 1.3 bar. right now, and t'heatings been on for about two hours it's reading 2 .0 bar.

so you wouldn't see this as a problem then? nothing to worry about?

It could be that the filling loop is slowly letting by, adding water to your system.

If you have a combi the hot water heat exchanger could have a leak, so that cold mains water, intended to be turned into hot water, is entering the heating system, and increasing the pressure.

If you leave it how high does the pressure go? Do the PRV open? Or is it that the pressure rises as the system heats up and you are panicking unduely?

Sponsored Links
ta for the reply leaky.

as posted above it really only goes form 1.3 bar up to 2.0.

so you think i'm panicking unduly?

If when the systems cold it always goes back to 1.3 bar and rises to around 2 bar when hot the it's normal for a system to do that yes.

brilliant bonesy, thanks for that!

thanks to all who contributed. this forum really is the nuts.

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back