Highflow 440 won't serve DHW when CH is running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, would appreciate any advice on what the cause could be.

Worcester Bosch Highflow 440 (older non-CDI version), CH connected to a wireless Honeywell thermostat (BDR91 relay), works fine when it calls for heat, CH duly kicks in. However whilst the CH is on and there is a demand for DHW it doesn't override the heating and serves cold water.

Also when the heating is switched off via the thermostat and some time after the relay light goes out/clicks off, the boiler pump still continues to run and doesn't stop (even after 10 mins, I understand it usually runs for a few mins after the wireless relay has flipped off)... during the whole time the DHW still fails to deliver hot water, even when the built-in hot water tank is ready and heated.

After I turn the boiler off and on (but keep the thermostat off) it immediately serves hot water from the tank as normal, like a "reboot" temporarily fixes it.

So the boiler is ignoring the demand during CH and failing to override. Since DHW works ok when the heating is off I suspect this is not a diverter problem (unless the motor is to blame?) - could it be the PCB or maybe also a dodgy thermister?

Sponsored Links
Hi, does anyone have any ideas or diagnostic steps I could perform?

Happy to break out the multimeter if need be, if I knew what values to be looking for...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back