Hinged shower door or sliding?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am in the process of getting a new shower enclosure fitted, theres a particular one the fitter recommended, which does look nice.
You can get the door either hinged or sliding, and I wondered if one was better than the other?
My thinking is, would a hinged be easier to keep clean and maintain, over time sliding can stick a bit or not be as smooth as they were?
Would the seal to keep water out ultimately be the same, or would one be better than the other?
The 2 I am looking at are:

Enclosure

That is the sliding, the hinged is the same design, but the hinge is in the middle and closed to the side.

James

Sponsored Links
Just finished installing our sliding version of a similar brand. The opening for you to get into the enclosure is wider on the sliding version than the hinged one when opened, so easier access. I also had concerns about water dripping from the door of the hinged. type when the door is open as you exit the enclosure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back