Hinges for kitchen corner unit

L

longdogs

I've just finished fitting a kitchen for a customer and over all it went well and looks good.

There is an L shaped corner unit and I have hinged the left door. fixed the corner post to the door and then hinged the next door to the right so that the doors can be opened indivually.

The customer however says that the second door should be hinged on the left to the post (as seen in the showroom)

So - First door hinged left, corner post fixed to the door and then the second door hinged onto the corner post. It would end up as a double hinged door.

Is this an option/normal? Would I need special hinges or just some flush hinges?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
what was supplied with the unit?
if youve fitted what you were given then then thats that.
what you have described is how i would fit it.

Just the normal cabinet hinges, which will not work. I think the customer is making it up.

Sponsored Links
I always ask the customer which way they want each door to open before I fit anything.

I always ask the customer which way they want each door to open before I fit anything.

yep so do i,ive actually had,well stood there when husband and wife had arguments on which way they wanted things set,quite funny :LOL:

so the 1st thing i do is ask which 1(if theres 2)does most of the work in the kitchen,then go by there wishes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back