Lining up doors on kitchen corner unit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This unit is hinged on the left then the right door is hinged off the left door.

The bottom right corner of the right door is too low and I can't seem to raise it no matter what I adjust.

Can anyone help? Thanks

This is the left door to unit hinge:
IMG_6827.JPG

Door to door hinge:
IMG_6826.JPG

And unit from the front:
IMG_6828.JPG

I've tried pushing the bottom left bracket out and to the right but it doesn't go high enough.

Sponsored Links
Looks like the hinges are the wrong way round the one you have on the cabinet should link the doors.

You need to change the hinge in the first picture, for the adjustable style in the second picture, but they may not do them. In fact, I'd look for some better quality hinges. Can you not adjust the 2nd hinge to get it to lift.

You need to change the hinge in the first picture, for the adjustable style in the second picture, but they may not do them. In fact, I'd look for some better quality hinges. Can you not adjust the 2nd hinge to get it to lift.
The hinges are designed for that purpose , just fitted in wrong position.

Sponsored Links
just fitted in wrong position

Now I'm not saying you're right, and I'm not saying I'm wrong, but it looks to me as though the 1st hinge has an indent on the door, and the 2nd hinge doesn't, so they can't be reversed. Have another look, and give me a second opinion.

I can't understand why there is a handle where the first set of hinges is...... how would that work?

Now I'm not saying you're right, and I'm not saying I'm wrong, but it looks to me as though the 1st hinge has an indent on the door, and the 2nd hinge doesn't, so they can't be reversed. Have another look, and give me a second opinion.

I'm seeing it the same but will have a closer look tonight.

Indents? circular recess? inner door seems to have two, outer door none.

Pull the two doors out straight, and put a spirit level on them. If the carcase was out, I suspect it would have shown up when you put it up alongside the adjoining one, but the spirit level would check the units as well.

The hinge you have on the carcass only has lateral adjustment, you need the standard hinge there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back