hiring rotovator / cultivator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to completely dig over a 10m x 7m lawn thats compacted, neglected and full of weeds. Its also slightly uneven, which I'm hoping the digging and relaying of a lawn will be able to sort out.

I've been looking at the rotovators / cultivators and have come across this on HSS: http://www.hss.com/g/62516/Power-Digger-Petrol.html

Is this the correct tool for the job? It says that it will fit into an estate car, but at 46kg I am worried about lifting in and out of my boot. Delivery & collection adds £25 to the weekend hire price!

The other one they have got is a lightweight tiller: http://www.hss.com/g/62506/Light-Duty-Tiller.html

If this would do the job I'll get this one as it is easier to lift, transport. Will it be too weak for what I need?

I don't mind being stuck at it for several hours if the small one will (eventually) do the job.

Many thanks, and Happy new year to all.

Sponsored Links
i'd get the bigger one... might be a pain transporting, but it'll halve the time you spend rotavating......

46kg is just over 7 stone... less than a 30" x 24" x 2" slab !! (although they are big slabs..) but can't you get someone to give you a hand in and out of your car?

either will do the job, we always use the biggest we can, but the smaller will just take longer. have a look at travis perkins tool hire as they do free delivery and collection

Alternate to digging it over could you not spray the weed off with round up then just import a couple of ton of soil and level it out!but if you were going to use a rotavator I would use the bigger one .

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

I would need several tonnes of soil to level it properly. I am going to get 2 tons of sharp sand to dig in when I do the rotavating to help the soil (clay). At least with the rotavating I can take off the high spots to fill in the low spots.

Cheers
Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back