Historical Vecin, er Vercini, er vincity. Blast it - Areas

C

cantaloup63

Went for a brief cycle ride earlier. Was great jumping lights, weaving in and across traffic, hopping onto the pavements etc. But that's not the purpose of the thread.

An hour and a quarter and I went past Ordsall Hall, the Bridgewater Canal, Salford Quays, Media City, Manchester Ship Canal, Imperial Museum (North), Manchester United FC (Sir Matt Busby Way), Lancashire Cricket Club (Old Trafford). Apart from London, where else can one cycle such a short distance past so many iconic landmarks?

Obviously the usual abuse will now no doubt follow, and rightly so :LOL: But thinking about your own areas, describe a few famous features that an 8 mile or so round cycle trip might pass. :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
cycle around Liverpool you can see many historic sites, the three graces at the pier head, Walker art gallery and museum, Tate gallery Albert dock, two beautiful Cathedrals, St Georges hall, the list is almost endless.
John Lenon airport, Speke hall
Wotan

Why say it? Why the abuse? As stated - reported. It's a forum..but no need for abuse.

Went for a brief cycle ride earlier. Was great jumping lights, weaving in and across traffic, hopping onto the pavements etc. But that's not the purpose of the thread.

An hour and a quarter and I went past Ordsall Hall, the Bridgewater Canal, Salford Quays, Media City, Manchester Ship Canal, Imperial Museum (North), Manchester United FC (Sir Matt Busby Way), Lancashire Cricket Club (Old Trafford). Apart from London, where else can one cycle such a short distance past so many iconic landmarks?

Obviously the usual abuse will now no doubt follow, and rightly so :LOL: But thinking about your own areas, describe a few famous features that an 8 mile or so round cycle trip might pass. :)
Another few miles along the towpath and you could include Manchester City's stadium, whatever it is called nowadays.

I don't need to cycle for it but I see the Forth Rail Bridge every time I look out my front window.

within 8 miles we have Southampton city walls, hythe pier and railway, exbury gardens, beaulieu Abbey & motor museum , bucklers hard, paulton's park and the new forest
edit to add
Southampton FC and the point where the titanic set sail on her fatal journey, lymington and the isle of wight are just beyond the 8 miles

Sponsored Links
Back