Hitachi nail gun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hitachi nail gun, fan and shaft have fell of motor, how can I fix this, how was it connected in first place.

Sponsored Links
I think that the fan is a friction fit on the shaft, but surely the shaft is an integral part of the motor

So how was it connected was it glued to shaft, or was it pressed on?
The fan is on a brass shaft with hole in it? There’s a stainless shaft comes out of motor, stainless shaft fits in brass fan shaft just not sure how stay together as had come apart when took gun apart. I’ve tried glue but no clue if it’ll hold

Last edited:
The brass bush sounds as though it is worn. You will need a new bush or you could try some loctite thread lock.
The bush and fan will be whats known as 'interference' which basically means push fit.

Sponsored Links
I've just pulled the top off a Senco gas nailer to see how they do it - in that case there appears to be an interference fit boss on the end of the motor shaft with raised tabs (sort of castellated). The fan is pressed onto that and the tabs are peened over to lock it in place.

Looking at the exploded parts diagram for the Hitachi NR90 on the Miles Tool & Machinery site the Hitachi guns are quite different with two sleeves and a nut (presumably Loctited in place) to hold the fan on the shaft

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back