Hive Heating and Hot Water Installed but now heating won't switch off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently upgraded to a Hive thermostat and hot water.
System seems to work great when using app and schedule and thermostat, the heating turns on and the lights on the receiver come on to green for hot water and heating and switch off, however the heating does not and radiators remain hot. I think this is wiring problem (created by me) as the rest of the system seems to work.

The wiring was slightly different with my old system the back plate which had 1-6 (pictured below) instead of 1-4 on the new hive backplate.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You don't say what type of programmer it was. That would help, they are not all the same.

I suspect it was a Danfoss TP9000 with wiring as below, but I'm just wondering how you came to 'identify' the wires at your existing programmer. Was it pure guess work? If so that's a bit dangerous when 230V is involved.

Capture.JPG

If it was a TP 9000, you have messed up the wires. Apart from N & L, the Hive will only use 3 (Hot Water On) & 4 (Heating On). The wires in 5 & 6 were for the Danfoss remote sensor and would be removed completely.

If it wasn't a Danfoss TP 9000 post back what it was.

Do you have two 2-port valves (one for HW, the other for heating)? If so the wires you have labelled HW OFF and CH OFF are probably HW ON and CH ON in their function. To check, trace the wire labelled CH OFF. If it goes to the CH valve's BROWN wire then it's as I stated, with the HW OFF labelled wire going to the cylinder thermostat's 'COMMON' terminal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back