Hive Heating install with Ravenheat 820/20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought the heating and hot water version even though my boiler is a combi so I am covered if I change boiler type etc

Cant get it to work boiler as only have 2 wires that go to / from old thermostat and this hive version has no common slot - Thermo seems to have a common and a call for heat cable

All hive stuff is working just not boiler

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
It depends on the boiler and how it is wired up in your home. The single channel version of the Hive is designed specifically for Combi boilers and has a single volt free contact that can be used with any of the voltages commonly used by combi boilers eg 24v or 230V.

The dual channel Hive is really designed for controlling motorised valves and not boilers directly. Motorised valves are all operated by 230V and so the common is linked internally to the 230V live terminal. Meaning the dual version can only be used with 230V.

Don't try to connect a dual channel Hive to your boiler without ascertaining how it is wired. If you put 230V onto a circuit designed to operate on 24v, it will cause some serious damage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back